Saturday, April 28, 2007

Puddle Runnin'


(my attempt to get more Mandy-like artistic shots)



A few weeks ago (April 12th to be exact), in between snowstorms, I was thrilled to have a warm day and the girls were even happier to have free reign with our big puddle. For an hour they raced & tore and stomped & jumped in the muddy water. I just let them go and took almost 150 pictures of them doing it. It's taken me this long just to sort through & pick out my favourites, get them edited, cropped, enhanced etc.



Sweetie managed to catch some air!


Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup....
DOWN!

Lovey really got into her work & I got some of the best action shots from her antics.


Ok, anyone want to guess who's girl this is? Is that profile identical to her dad's OR WHAT?




I love how the water's all stirred up around their feet.




A stompin' good time!

Honey didn't quite seem to share her sisters' enthusiasm for Puddle Runnin'. She hung back and stood on the sidelines for quite awhile before giving it a whirl. She almost seemed doubtful but seeing how much they seemed to enjoy it, had to check it out. She's a little more hesitant to make a mess and get dirty and was holding back a little.


They were good and soaked by the end but it was such fun to watch them and just be outdoors in the sun, that I didn't even care. Besides, I got lots of practice with my manual settings. I'm still slow but I hope it'll all start to come more naturally if I keep at it.

Note the water pouring out of the boot!!!

No comments: