Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hanging out with my Princesses






We're on a big princess kick this week it seems. We now live in a castle, not a house, which is inhabited by the Murphy Dragon & the Penwiper Wizard all under the reign of Queen Kelly & King Murray with the assistance of Princesses Lovey, Sweetie & Honey. (or Sleeping Beauty or Belle or whatever they're calling themselves on any given day)


Sweetie jumped right into her royal gown this morning, as soon as breakfast was over & had to remove it a few times due to spills but was distraught the entire drying period. Luckily there are 3 of them so when she's not looking, I can swap another one in & say "oh look! It's ready now!". We even had to repair some of the bead work on one of them today as a strand had come loose and was verrrrrrrrrry troublesome for her.


No visitors, no outings today so I wasn't sure how it would go. A long day stretching out in front of us like that is sometimes a bit scary but it went fairly well. A little tv in the morning, a lot of playing in the afternoon, some sandbox time while I did laundry and then we did some work in the garden, trying to get rid of some weeds before winter. They all helped themselves to semi-ripe strawberries and we dug up all our onions. I thought something had got them all but apparently whatever it was only took the tops & left the vegetable intact. They weren't very big though, apparently that green stuff IS important!!


I had choir tonight & made a detour to pick up shower gifts for the double header tomorrow night! Two of my cousins are having babies (they only got one each though, rip off eh?) so we're having a combined shower tomorrow night as one of them is home from the Northwest Territories. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!!

We also have Murray's parents coming for a visit for the weekend too so there'll be lots of fun for us & especially the girls! I hope Somebody Else remembers her bathing suit! ; ))) Murray & Rick are catching a concert & the girls will be hanging out at home I think, but I doubt we'll be bored.....

No comments: