Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Holy moley!

Was there a freaking full moon last night or WHAT???? I swear someone was crying out in their sleep or actually awake and crying EVERY 20 MINUTES last night. It didn't help that I got carried away making plans for an upcoming trip with my triplet mom friends in the USA and didn't get to bed til 1AM. Somewhere in the night I gave up and went to lay down with Sweetie to settle her down & the next thing I knew it was 7:25 too freaking soon. Arghhhh!

Luckily it's Wednesday and we had places to go & people to see! Once I'd woken up enough to stumble around & get washed up & dressed, I was able to get the kids fed & out the door for 10AM. Playgroup was a Godsend today! To make it even better, Teena & Boo were there & so were Yvonne with C&J. Afterwards, we all decided to meet for lunch at McD's with the big playland to kill another couple of hours. Unfortunately when I got to the restaurant, it was all blocked off and in the process of being demolished! We had to regroup & formulate a new plan & went to the food court at the mall instead. Whew! only a small play thing there though so it didn't take long for the 5 three year olds to get bored of that!

Feeling brave, I took my 3 into Toys R Us to pick up some stuff for upcoming baby showers. They were in love with everything in there and must have picked up a hundred things each and said " Look at this Mumma! It's so ____ (pretty, fancy, special, nice... you get the idea)" I was getting a little nervous, sure a raging fit was just around the corner. I just kept saying 'oh yes, it is very ____ but we don't need it/already have one at home so put it back.' and I was surprised that they actually listened. They were keen to show them all to me but didn't give me a hard time as to why we couldn't buy it all. Whew, dodged a bullet there I think! Sweetie was particularly in love with the princess dress up dresses. I was surprised because she got one for her birthday, tried it on, thought it was a little scratchy & wouldn't touch it again for love nor money. When we got home, she went right to the closet & brought it to me to help her put on! She was Sleeping Beauty for the rest of the day and didn't complain once!

We got home mid afternoon and they played with their stuff quite nicely. I didn't have to break up a single fight all day long. Thank goodness because I don't think I'd have had the patience for that crap today! : )))

No comments: