Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm an AUNT!!! I'm an AUNT!!!!!!!


Well of all the things I'd always hoped to be or do in life, I've now got 2 of the big ones covered, being a mom & now being an aunt. I had awesome aunts & uncles my whole life who lavished me with attention, teased me, took me to the beach, on picnics, horseback riding, played dress up, had me for sleepovers, let me raid their prize cupboard of unlimited amazing treasures (UR's junk drawer! LOL) and a million other things I couldn't possibly fit in here. I am soooo excited to say that Andrew & Mandy had a baby boy, Balthazar (Bal for short) on Friday evening. We packed up & hit the road when Murray got home Friday afternoon but only grandparents were allowed to visit that night so I had to wait. We were en route when we got the call that he'd finally been born, after 11 hours of active labour, by C section. So I am now officially "Aunt Kelly" to somebody!


I realized I was a little impatient when after going to bed around midnight, I was wide awake at 3:30AM, anticipating getting to see my nephew. Around 4:30am I gave up trying to get back to sleep & got up to check email for awhile & then read in bed until I finally settled down enough to fall asleep again at 6:30am.


It was so exciting to see him for the first time! He smelled just like a perfect little newborn. I love that smell! I don't know why, but my girls didn't smell like that so I felt a bit ripped off! although there were many other cute experiences to make up for it so I can't really complain. Bal already bears a strong resemblance to his dad which is a bit frightening to all of us, but after my mother in law's horror stories of raising devil boy Andrew, Mandy is feeling the most concerned about that striking similarity!!!


It was awfully hard to share him with the other visitors at the hospital on Saturday. This is the problem with having your kids just one at a time, there's not enough to go around & people have to fight! Just another reason to have triplets! LOTS to go around. I don't remember anyone ever being empty handed around this place for very long back in the early days!!!

No comments: