Saturday, February 28, 2009

and last but not least...


Lovey & Murray have joined the flu crew! I felt terrrrrrrrible on Thursday & Friday. Standing up & moving around was taking more effort than I could believe. Every time I moved my head dizziness just about knocked me on my butt, and the pounding headache wasn't much fun either. By mid afternoon I could barely keep my eyes open and I had to sit down as much as possible.



I had chills that I just couldn't get rid of and in one of my fits of wild indulgence (more on that later), I jacked the heat up all the way to 25ÂșC. The heck with the budget! and I left it that way ALL afternoon too!



Lovey got up yesterday morning and was back in bed shortly after. She spent most of the day sleeping but got up occasionally to see what her sisters were doing, drinking lots of water etc. She had a temp of 102.2 last night but it came down without any acetaminophen and she just had some chills today.


(Honey: what? you want to take a picture with my hair in my face????)
I watched the clock all day Friday, just waiting for 5:00 & for Murray to get home. That's all I was hanging in there for, him to come home and take over & I could park myself in bed and stop this torturous moving around!

I heard the front door open & started making my way upstairs to greet him & pass the baton so to speak. I got to the landing and stopped dead in my tracks. Who was this drawn & pasty impostor???? Where was my big strong man, come to rescue me?????!??!?!?!?! Being the lovelygood & adoring wife I am, I greeted him with "on NO!! you look TERRIBLE!" Bam. He'd been hit and worse, I was NOT off the hook as planned.



Supper wasn't impressive but wasn't complicated either. Frozen pizza, heat & serve. Honey was feeling better and actually ate more than her father did! (normally no small feat). The other two didn't bother with anything. Once supper was done, I did sit in bed to read for awhile. Murray got everyone tucked in by 7:30 and was in bed shortly after himself. I had little energy to move around but wasn't feeling sleepy so I took the Lovey shift for 8:30 & 9:30 then went to bed after that. I can't say that any of us really slept much! Sweetie's hacking cough didn't seem to let up. She didn't want her door closed so the vaporizer wasn't able to help much. Lovey kept needing COLD water. Honey called out for me on occasion and I was stuffed up and having trouble breathing and Murray was coughing fairly often.... blech. Needless to say, I skipped my circuit class this morning.
Somehow I did feel better than the previous day so it must have been the litre of orange juice I drank yesterday morning. I'd been getting to bed early all week but hadn't been pumping the OJ so no wonder it took 3 days to kick this. Since Honey & I were both feeling somewhat improved, I took her with me to run errands today. We went to the bank, the department store and then took a break for some icecream! (self pitying wild indulgence #2). It took her almost 45 minutes to eat a cone. How the thing didn't melt & drip all over her, I don't know. My blizzard was gone in no time flat. Eventually we got the grocery store and I went a little crazy in there too. I bought a jug of $8 orange juice (never before in MY LIFE), chocolate milk AND a large bag of kettle cooked chips. They weren't even on THE LIST. (W.I. #3)

Sweetie who was the first one down, still isn't better. She could barely stay awake this afternoon & was in bed by 6pm again. She's not sick to her stomach & doesn't have any more fever, just cold symptoms... I'm not sure if she should be over this by now? She came down with it on Tuesday. I've heard some people say this bout really digs in & sticks around for the long haul. Mum & Dad came down with it last Saturday and still aren't fully over it although starting to feel better.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

No comments: