Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sweetie's Stash....

Omigosh! Tonight at supper, I noticed Sweetie glancing at me furtively a few times & decided to watch what she was up to. As far as I could tell, she was stealthily swiping a few grains of rice off her plate at a time, and dropping them off the side of her chair, on the side close to Murray. I couldn't hear anything hitting the floor though. She kept doing this and finally I asked her what she was doing. Instantly she shrank back in her seat, frozen and said 'nnnnnnnnnnnnothing'. LOL but her eyes were saying "GUILTY GUILTY".

Me: why are you putting rice on the floor?
Sweetie: I'm not!
Me: I saw you take it off your plate & drop it! Murray, can you see the rice on the floor?
Murray (leans over, scans the floor): uhhh, no. No rice on the floor.... wait! there's rice on the side of her seat!
Me: what are you doing???? saving it for winter Sweetie????
Sweetie: noooooooooo. I leave it so it can get all dried up & I can eat it crunchy.
Murray: we'll give you a plate!!!!!

We're all still recuperating. I'm okay except for a bit of a cough if I breathe in too deeply. Murray's head was killing him last night but he finally got the pain stopped with some Tylenol and an early night.

I took the kids to playgroup. Staying home is just intolerable. They played pretty well & weren't to clingy there. GG is in town so Aunt Cathy suggested we go have lunch with her. I took the girls over & my cousin Jack dropped in too so we had a great visit. He had the girls in stitches as they played while I did up the dishes. Nothing like a good tickle! After awhile though, Honey was repeatedly asking to go home because she was tired. GG & I were working on some word ladders but anything with more than three or four rungs messed me up. (change one letter at a time and change "c a t" to "d o g" (cat, cot, cog, dog) but we had to cut the puzzles short so we could get home.

THey all fell asleep on the drive home & Honey was complaining about her left ear this afternoon. She insisted on me lying down with her, she could NOT fall asleep without me... it was a bit of a trying afternoon. Sweetie meanwhile was getting herself a "treat" and who knows WHAT that might have been. I did find an open bag of chips in the pantry and an empty yoghurt container in the garbage.... I'm hoping Honey doesn't have an ear infection :( She was complaining about her right ear the other day but it seemed fine the next morning. I doubt I'll get off easy twice in a row though.

Lovey came home & crawled right into bed & stayed there til supper time. She didn't eat anything then, just had some OJ & a bit of water.

I can't believe how this is dragging on! Murray was in bed by 9:30 tonight, he looks worse than he did the day he stayed home sick. He says he's never been this sick.

Hopefully we'll be feeling better by the weekend & the kids will be ready for school next week. They've been going to bed early every night, sleeping til normal time or later and still not making it through the day without a nap or a rest. Very unlike the go go go go gang I usually have here.

No comments: