Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Goodbye Dear Friend!


This weekend we said goodbye to our trusty stroller. This was probably one of the most exciting and valuable purchases we made for the babies. It was a gift from Murray's parents & grandfather and we took advantage of it every chance we got.
They were only weeks old when we got it. I remember the delivery guy when we told him that the big boxes were for a triplet stroller. He just looked at me, took a step back and said "uh oh."
Yeah, don't get too close, we might rub off on you! LOL

This stroller had everything! It rolled like a dream in all road conditions, the seats reclined perfectly for their tiny little can't hold up my own head bodies, the sunshade kept the dangerous rays at bay. It even came with a bell! The only thing that I wished it had was an odometer. I would love to know how many miles I/we put on that thing! Once we had it, it was out every day, at LEAST once & quite often 2 or 3 times a day. I would put them in there and go for 70 minute walks. Murray would put them in and go jogging. We got a hitch put on the car so we could load the carrier on the back & took it all sorts of places to check out trails etc. Without this stroller, I could NOT have left the house on my own for 2-3 years.
It was mostly used outdoors and it held up beautifully. Now that the girls are bigger and tend to run & race everywhere, the stroller has sat in the garage, unused for the better part of the last couple of years. I occasionally thought we should get rid of it but would immediately get hit with a wave of memories of our adventures & explorations that put that idea to rest!

Then a few months ago, out of the blue, I got an email through the club from a lady inquiring if anyone might have a triple stroller to sell. Then I was in a quandry. Someone needed something that I had available..... I cautiously emailed her back & mentioned I might be thinking about selling mine in the summer.
I was hoping she was only interested in a side by side model. Nope, any type would do. Dang. I then tried giving her sticker shock. I was sure she'd balk at paying hundreds of dollars for a used stroller! Nope. she'd researched and had expected they'd be in that range. I immediately regretted not going higher! I really wasn't keen on selling it but it seemed silly (and a wee bit selfish!) to keep hanging on to it when someone else could benefit from it. She is a stay at home mom who's helping with the family finances by taking in 2 more little ones to babysit. She too will need a way to get out of the house so it's good that she'll be able to benefit from it. I know it's just a "thing" but even Murray admitted to being sad to see it go. He put a lot of those miles on there too!

Fall 2004, one of the first runs!
June 18, 2005, we take the girls back to the NICU to visit one year from the day they were born


October 2007, their first Halloween :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post Kelly! such memories for you guys :) I know the new owner will appreciate keeping her sanity and getting out of the house with her new purchase!
Shona