Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know this is a day early but some of you are morning blogstalkers so if I don't post it tonight, the morning folks won't see it til Monday! Now Shirley it would be best if you didn't peek here, I know you're a night blogstalker so you just move on and then you'll be pleasantly "surprised" tomorrow at church :) Nanny & Grampy yours went in the mail earlier this week but you didn't mention them yesterday so I guess we didn't make it on time. Hopefully they'll be there on Monday so maybe you'd better leave now also!


Everybody else, scroll on down :)


The girls were very happy with their valentines this year! I thought there might be a squabble over who got which one and I'd have to rearrange them but everybody liked exactly what I'd picked for them and no re-edits were required. Whew! It's hard to believe how much time these tiny little things can take. All I had to do was plunk the photo in the hole but then I decided to add a little this, change a little that and voila, there went another two hours of my life that I'll never get back. They were so pleased though that it was worth staying up late for! and I'm pretty sure they had the cutest ones in their class but maybe that's just the mommy goggles talking :)



By the way, getting kids to work on addressing their valentines is akin to herding a bunch of drunk monkeys. Oh my word. Murray commented that he felt like he was running a Valentine's card sweatshop where the workers are easily distracted and need constant supervision! This was a perfect description. Thank goodness there are less than 25 kids in each class. Thank goodness they can at least spell & write their own names easily and thank the teachers for sending the lists of names home a week in advance with the wise advice to start right then!




Hope your valentine's is sweet & fun!

No comments: