Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mmmm Mmmm Good!

I went to a friend's Pampered Chef party last week and got some shopping done! I can't wait for my new goodies to arrive either :)))

While we were there, the rep made the most delicious thing and I had to have more so I made it for us this weekend. Lovey & Sweetie weren't big fans but the rest of us were in heaven. I know Dad, toooooo much broccoli right? Definitely not a good one for those adverse to the green vegetables. Some of that is green pepper too though..... Lovey managed to choke it down since it was really worth her while that night. She'd been sick the day before and missed nacho night, which she would definitely have managed to eat. We couldn't just give her the space on the mermaid chart but since it wasn't her fault that she didn't eat, Murray suggested letting her carry it over & letting the next night's supper be worth TWO spaces. Once confronted with this broccoli infested concoction, she really had her work cut out for her. Eventually the lure of the mermaid plus the temptation of freshly baked dessert won her over and she ate it.

It's called Chicken Broccoli Braid and oh my word it is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!


I added in some chopped tomatoes, green instead of red pepper and used minced garlic instead of fresh but that's about it for my variations this time. It calls for slivered almonds to sprinkle on top but I didn't have any unfortunately :(


Murray also made pie so I was in pastry heaven that night! Woohoo! Since he used the wholewheat/flax/wheatgerm flour mix, it was healthy pie right????




4 comments:

Dad said...

Well, it certainly is a pretty dish. You'll have to have it when your Mother is there. I'm sure that she would like it.

Angela said...

Your order is going to be here this week!! I am definately going to try that recipe as well, maybe I'll do something different and make it on my NEW stoneware pizza pan. I'll make it into some sort of round tart, quiche like thing.

KelMur & Co. said...

it is a fancy one and you could use other stuff with the chicken. As long as you do the twisty manoever witht the pastry, it's all good. :))

Neisey said...

One of our faves (I sold Pampered Chef before Erin was born...8 years ago - gulp) I also do it with leftover ham/brocoli and mozza cheese and add honey mustard to the mayo mix - YUMM! I keep thinking I should add pineapple but haven't tried it yet.

PS - I'm having guac tonight when LOST is on!