Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Busy day yesterday with all the bullying drama (see other post) and I was also babysitting the two girls next door at the time and had to leave the house by 5:30 to volunteer at the church fundraising dinner downtown. A little hectic and rushed but all under control!

The girls all enjoyed their valentines and treats and were excited to give their own out. They got lots of nice comments. The other kids were amazed that their mom "who does stuff with pictures" as Honey put it when she couldn't remember the word "photographer at school LOL, got their FACES  on the valentine. Not sure why it was amazing this year, it's the 4th time they've given out this type! Lovey's party wasn't until today as their Tuesday schedule was too busy to fit it in.

The girls got a parcel in the mail from Nanny & Grampy with some little surprises and treats. They got cards & stickers from Grammie & Grandad and more stuff from school. It wasn't an excessive amount this year which was nice since they're still working on Halloween candy here!

I taped sparkly cupids to the inside cover of their lunchboxes and put a marshmallow heart for their dessert so it was quite a surprise when they opened it up at school. I also surprised Murray by making lobster sandwiches and sneaking some Lindt raspberry chocolates in there when he wasn't looking. I had the whole lunch packed and ready (cupid in there and everything!) at the top of the stairs so he wouldn't need to open it in the kitchen. He grabbed it on the way by and totally burst my bubble by reminding me that he didn't need a lunch as they were having meetings that day and ordering in pizza. Uh oh. 2 day old lobster sandwiches wouldn't be very good.... but I didn't want to say anything and spoil the surprise. My concerned look and lack of words tipped him off though. He opened  his lunch as soon as he got there and had the sandwiches at 8:30! I guess that's still a success right?

We had to rush through dinner since I had to leave early. The fundraiser went well and my photography coupon got a good price so I was happy to get that donation for the church. The event was oversold and they raised a lot of money for the renovations we need done. But what a late night! We were there cleaning up, dismantling and doing dishes til after 11pm. We left even though there were still 3 or 4 loads to put through the dishwasher! So much for the 7:30/8ish I'd told Murray when I left. oops!








I got my valentine's surprise early! Murray took the girls shopping on Saturday while I was at Acorn's house for their photoshoot! A gorgeous bouquet was waiting on the table when I got home, woohoo!!


Even though I had to skip out early, I still had a nice dinner for us! Or so I thought! Sweetie and Lovey had trouble getting their scallops down and did not get to have their strawberries dipped in chocolate and didn't get to have any of the red velvet cupcakes with creamcheese frosting! more for us!!!



No comments: