Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend.....? what weekend???

I must have blined and missed it! It's Sunday night already? really???? I had a to do list on Friday that I was pretty sure would never get done!

Step Class 9am
Model at gym 10am
go to grocery store
go to bank
pick up books for MOM on bedrest
drop off photography coupon for church auction
hair appt noon

I was even a couple minutes early for my appointment and made all my planned stops. And yes, you read correctly, they needed someone to pose for pictures at they gym for their new website. I'm just not sure whether it's going to encourage any new business! I don't know that "keepin' it real" is always a plus in advertising...

I got done at the hairdresser's and got home with time to spare to meet the kids getting home from school. Immediately they wanted to have friends over. It was a gorgeous day out so I said she could come but they were playing outdoors Grumbled acceptance was heard. A few minutes later Tulip calls to see if she can come and I tell her to head down. She also wanted to know if  Sweetie's BFF next door is also coming but I told her she wasn't & then we hung up. I told the girls to get their stuff on to go out and a few minutes later Tulip is at the door and they all head out to play. Then the phone rings again. It's BFF's dad. "Hi Kelly, ummm it's Ian.. Tulip phoned to ask if BFF could come over to your house...."  Seriously? not a huge deal but rather odd isn't it????? How does Tulip know I want the whole neighbourhood here? what if it wasn't a good day? luckily it didn't really matter too much since they had to play outside so I told him to send her over.

Everyone was outdoors when I heard someone come in and go in to the bathroom. Ok no problem, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go right? They were in there a good long while & I went about my stuff, prepping supper etc. Suddenly someone is standing at my side. It's BFF's big sister who got home from middle school. "Hi Kelly!" Oh. hi!..... awkward silence as she just stands there and watches me. Ummmm the kids are all out in the backyard. "yeah. I know." more standing and watching. I kept working. she kept standing and then starts telling me their exciting plans for the weekend. 

BFF & her sister had to head home around 4 to get started on their big night out so it was just Tulip and my three left and they came barreling in at 4:45, ready to ditch their winter gear and come in and wreck play in the house. unh unh! I reminded them it was an outdoor playdate only. *insert chorus of whining here*  I really didn't want a mess so I told them to watch for Murray coming and to walk Tulip home. Then Tulip pipes up "well WHY can't I stay for supper??????????" ummmm because it's weird to invite yourself over???? Murray got home just in the nick of time as I was getting slightly exasperated! He trucked them off and came back just in time to sit down to dinner. 

Right after I ate I went to see my friend Stacey who was in town for her grandfather's funeral. That night was the visitation so I went to be with her as they were having a hard time. I kept her company til it was over and she said it wasn't nearly as horrible as she'd been dreading. 


When I got home I decided I needed a new facebook profile pic and no time like hair appointment day!


Acorn's parents decided to hire me for some family photos so I packed up my gear Friday night and headed to their place Saturday morning. I got trigger happy and we had wardrobe changes, various set ups indoors and outdoors. Before I knew it, 3 hours had gone by! I had meant to finish up around 1pm and then bring Acorn home with me to make up for not bringing Lovey when I came over! Acorn kept asking "is it time for you to kidnap me yet?" Finally it was time to hit the road and she was a very willing victim :)

Lovey & the girls flew to the door as soon as I drove in honking. Acorn enjoyed the attention and opened her door and just sat there enjoying the whooping and hollering for a minute before racing in to join them. Or perhaps she was reconsidering her decision to come at all!!!


 

The weather was a bit iffy so Acorn had packed a bag just in case she "HAD" to sleepover. At supper I announced the bad news that the weather wasn't bad enough to trap us at home. Groans of disappointment filled the room!

We dropped her off to meet her dad at her sister's dance lesson and then we all went to a hockey game! The kids had free tickets so we decided it was a good night to all go. Lovey & Sweetie were ok with the 1st two periods but by the 3rd, they'd completely lost interest (roughly around the same time the popcorn and cotton candy ran out strangely enough...) At ten minutes left in the 3rd, I took the 2 of them out to get the van cleaned off and ready to go. Honey & Murray stayed til the end as the home team never loses while Honey's there and we didn't want to jinx them.

By the time we got home it was 10 and then 10:30 by the time everyone was tucked in, prayed with, hugged and kissed. I was pretty tired myself but we were expecting company for lunch on Sunday so needed to prep some food and I also haaaaaaaaaaaaaad to have a peek at the images from the session and then there's always some facebook catch up to do.... 1am came way too fast and I packed it in and slept like a log!

Check out the amazing juggling seen at lunch time. Murray can totally kill it with 2 oranges but that's the limit so far. The kids are really impressed with his mad skillz though and frequently request that he juggle for them. They ooh and ahhhh and it all cracks me up every time.

 

Honey tried her hand at it and came up with this deep thought:: if juggling was just one orange, it would be pretty easy. but not every entertaining.


No comments: