Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to Moi!!!!!!!!

Contrary to popular public opinion, having your "hands full" isn't alllllllll bad!


So technically I'm another year older... but if you're expecting me to mature any time soon, you must be new here. : )))












Murray had a late hockey game last night & didn't get to bed til 2:16am so when the kids started fussing around 3, he was pretty out of it. Same at 4, 5 & 6am...seemed like someone was always having a problem. Honey has been talking in her sleep often lately. One night she started hollering "I wanna be a BUNNY!!!!!!!! I wanna BE A BUNNY!!!!!" and other times she'll say "Lovey took my Baa-bee". The dreams must be getting more vivid or something.







Around 7:00ish, Sweetie needed to go to the bathroom & I wasn't really all that keen on getting up just yet and I heard her hop out of bed & go by herself and then crawl back into her own bed again. I was surprised! She normally just starts crying when she first comes to. I heard the others stirring & Murray was still totally out of it so I decided to get up with them. He staggered out of bed and groggily asked if I wanted to sleep some more but I figured I'd let him off the hook.



I went & crawled in with Sweetie & then Honey came in and joined us & Lovey wasn't long behind & we were all snuggled up in there. So wonderfully cozy! I got lots of birthday hugs & kisses and they sang to me over and over : ))))



Murray took them to the dollar store so they could each pick out presents for me. I got a new spatula, cutting board AND purple charms for scrapbooking. Quite a good haul!



I also got lots of phone calls, a nice surprise visit from T and as if that's not enough, Old Nanny made us a pumpkin cheesecake & sent it out to our house via her daughter who lives nearby. I was feeling good & spoiled!


Most of the other guests thought the tats were real. What the heck did they think he was dressed up as then?????


And the day wasn't over yet! Murray & I had a big night out too. My aunt & uncle were having a Halloween party so we dressed up & went over. (the girsl told me "you look beautiful Mummy!" but thought "Daddy looks funny...")



We had our trusty sitter come over & the evening went off without a hitch (unless she's holding back on us...). We enjoyed the party, loads of great costumes and OMG!!!!!! the FOOOOOD!!!!!! Holy ol appetizers Batman! I swear, there was something new coming out of the oven every 20 minutes! and that was on top of all the platters of cheese & crackers, pretzels, chocolates, cheese balls, guacamole dip and the best stocked bar in town (well it looked like a lot of liquor to me anyway but what do I know about it?). We only stayed for a couple of hours but since we rarely socialize anywhere by ourselves, that felt like a nice long evening ot us. We were home by eleven & all was quiet here.

Our super duper hosts!

Aunt Caroline

the lamest costume at the party & her mad scientist, calculator wielding boyfriend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

QUIT DISSING MY COSTUME!!

Anonymous said...

haha alright so I can't type. I stand by my costume.