Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday, sweeeeeeeeeeeet Wednesday!

Sweetie was having a hard time coughing last night & around 4am I went & crawled in with her. I'm not sure how that helps her throat but she always settles down & falls back asleep if I'm in there with her. I only intended to stay long enough for her to fall back asleep but the next thing I knew, it was 7:30am! So much for getting back into my own cozy bed!



We had a good time at playgroup as usual & headed off for gymnastics. I find the session a little tricky. Three of them, one of me... you know the drill. They aren't really into the whole sit down & listen to the instructions thing. They just want to get in there & play on the stuff and I have to try and corral them & then get them to do what the coach instructed. Whooo boy. My biggest consolation is that there are 2 little boys that are several months younger than the girls & they are MUCH more out of control than my girls. So in comparison, we're not doing too bad & Stretch (that's the coach's name) says that they're doing great & par for the course.















Although they're not 100% obedient (ha!) they're definitely 110% cute! When we got home, we made a ghost out of a bedsheet to hang in the trees out front. They were very excited about it and loooooooooooooove our new friend in the yard! They kept running over to hug & kiss him. He has even been given a name... ready? Ghostie! or sometimes Ghostie-ah.
Then they reallllllllllllly got into the spirit and wanted to "pretend' Halloween so we got out the costumes and they dressed up, got out their treat bags & went trick or treating up and down the hallway. I could hear them knocking on my bedroom door & saying "Hi!" Then they'd run back and "show" me their loot. They even shared their chips & chocolate with me. So generous with the fake stuff, let's see how it goes when the real stuff rolls in!



They were especially excited for Murray to come home and be SCARED of the big bad ghost! I wish we had a camera set up in the kitchen to get some footage of their chatter at dinnertime. They just never stopped tonight. They told him all about the costumes and the ghost and somehow Lovey started talking about what dinosaurs (or something) eat and apparently it's sandwiches with old people in them. Crunchy ones at that! with tomatoes on top. So if you're of an advanced age, stay away from large slices of bread.

Practicing being really scary!

No comments: