Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekends are TOOOOOOO short!

I can't believe it's almost midweek already, although you KNOW I'm looking forward to Wednesday!! : )))

It seems every weekend just races by lately & it's all rush rush rush. Lovey & I went shopping for a few hours on Saturday & picked up a few more Christmas gifts & some outfit options for them for their pictures. We went to 3 different stores & it was hard to find things that weren't "matching" but still looked like they coordinated. I saw 3 variations of an outfit at Sears that had all the same colours in the same shades of aqua & grayish brown but when I figured out I'd have to spend over $100 on them JUST for the picture, I decided it wasn't worth it. I'd just bought them a pile of new clothes when I was in Chicago (or as Honey calls it "The 'cago"). I mostly picked up playclothes & no dressy stuff or anything warm enough to wear without a coat. Not that my sweater idea turned out much better....

On Sunday we had a little breakthrough at church! Murray was able to take the girls out for Sunday school AND come back in for the rest of the service. They looooooove their Sunday school teacher & were quite happy to go off with her when they were done the group sing song thing they do first. Woohoo!

Laundry woes here! Our clothes dryer element is glowing bright red & I have an appointment to have it looked at but they told me that I shouldn't use it in the meantime. Before going to M&D's on Sunday, I ran a couple loads of clothes to take up there to dry. This of course took longer than I expected and the kids were fussy & cranky as they all have colds so by the time the washer was done it had been a long day already.


At M&D's they decorated Hween cookies! They had a great time spreading on the icing & sprinkling the candies on & eating the cookie afterwards (or the trimmings at least).

On Saturday after I was done shopping, Murray took Lovey & Honey over to the warehouse at his office & they brought their bikes & practiced for over an hour and a half. Sweetie didn't want to go and then changed her mind just as Murray was leaving & we couldn't catch him . The next day she started off the same way but realized the error of her ways & Honey & Lovey were very convincing in how much fun it would be & talked her into it. Murray said they had a blast on Sat, their faces were all smiles as they zipped around the room & realized they really did know how to bike! He got some video footage so if you'd like to see that, email me & I'll send you the link.





Still playing around with my new lens that I got in the 'cago. I haven't quite figured it out yet & still seems hit or miss but when I do get it to work, it's pretty cool!


this is how great the depth of field can be, just a tiny point of focus & the background blurred out so it's not so distracting but I think for portraits I'm going to have to have a little more in focus than this otherwise it'll just be someone's nose.


Honey was playing peek a boo with the beads.





No comments: