Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bye Bye Bonny Bye Bye!






We have officially been kicked out of errr I mean "graduated" out of Early Intervention! Today was our last visit from Bonny and she took pity on my activity-challenged-ness and left a book full of ideas for crafts & ideas. Bah! as if that could ever replace HER! Nice try though and not a bad souvenir : )




Early Intervention was a life saver in the early days, probably more for my sanity than ever any concern over the girls' development. They were pretty much always on target for the usual milestones. Having a definite date with Bonny on the calendar always gave me something to look forward to. I knew she'd teach me something new that we could do to break up the cabin fever & her visits gave me contact with the outside world. If it weren't for her, I know I never would have attempted taking the girls out for any sorts of classes or playgroup. She was the one who got us going to music classes & even came with me for the first one, just to show me it could be done. Once I knew this was possible, it really opened things up for us.




For the first year or so, we went nowhere. We didn't do any of the "mommy & me" classes or activities that I saw most of my friends do with their kids & that I'd looked forward to doing when I had my own baby. We were home. Alllllll the time. Day in, day out, weeks on end. Practically no social outings whatsoever. "But KELLY! you had THREE! you can't do stuff like THAT with THREE BABIES!!!!" I know this. I realize it really wasn't possible but it doesn't mean that I didn't want that normalcy all the same. They're not likely to grow up & reflect on this deprivation but I still feel a bit ripped off in that department. However, I am so incredibly rich in other areas that I'm going to just let that one go. : )))




So thanks to Bonny's efforts, we started going to music (a free program at that, girl after my own heart!). Once I got into the swing of that, I got braver & tackled going to playgroup and haven't looked back.




Thank you Bonny for teaching me, nudging me when I needed it & supplying endless information and suggestions on a multitude of topics! Not to mention the pudding painting party!

Ever wonder what they do with the stickers you give them after you leave? Well now you know!

No comments: