Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Party!



It was party time again at playgroup & the kids were psyched for it. We were even EARLY for playgroup, practically unheard of for us. We're consistent 10:15-10:20'ers. Nicolle had all the toys set up already & was getting the cupcake decorating materials together. I gathered all the Easter treats & went in to hide them around the sanctuary.


All the kids were anxious to get in there & fill up their little bags & they cleaned that place out in a hurry! It was fun & a good chance for people to have a little tour of our beautiful church under the guise of a kids' event! Carla, Nicolle & I expect to see you back in there on a Sunday am SOON! ; )


Once they gathered up their loot, we went back downstairs to inhale it & to get at the cupcakes. The decorating distracted them enough that I was able to tuck away their treat bags before they actually got too far into the sugar. Although, they loaded up those cupcakes with lots of icing & candies! At one point Honey came over to me, barely able to talk she had such a big wad of gummy bunnies in there!!! LOL


After cupcakes we worked on a craft I'd brought. The kids made little necklaces with a cross & some beads strung on them. They also decorated a bit with glitter glue (hopefully not too sacrilegious!). Somehow Honey's got lost or taken by mistake and she was VERY upset. She kept saying "But I put the "H" on it! Why is it gone??" Luckily there were lots leftover so we can make her another one.


With all the activity, playgroup was over before we knew it & we had to head home. I'd gotten a very exciting call yesterday. Shirley's back from visiting her family and wanted to come visit. We managed to get lunch mostly finished before she got there. The kids were excited to see her! and she'd brought them some very large gift bags so that probably worked in her favour as well.


Last night I told Murray that Shirley was coming & he told me about a conversation he'd had with the girls about the days of the week awhile ago.


M: what's your favourite day?

Lovey: mine's Friday because Grammie comes! (I think this was Honey's answer as well)

Sweetie: I love Thursday because we see Shirley.


I think someone should have thrown in "everyday with Mumma!!!" but oh well. ; )


We're very blessed to have so many people love our kids & want to be involved with them. Shirley's been visiting & playing with them since they were just a couple months old. She's been away helping some sick family members & hasn't been around since before November I think. She had really missed them! They had a great afternoon playing with her & dressing up for her & they got her to be the girl prince to kiss them awake from the evil spells... and many other games plus she read a few stories too. Old Nanny better get home soon, she's got some serious competition here!! : )))) When is that anyway? I hope you're not waiting for the snow to melt or you might have to stay in Florida til July!


Supper tonight was a bit rushed as I had to be back at church for 6pm. I'm doing a new book study "Lord, I Want to Know You" & we had to meet early as Holy Week Service is at 7pm every night this week. The study is looking interesting & should be pretty informative. I enjoy getting to know the other women in the congregation & I'm learning more about the bible so it's all good! I've been trying to read more of the bible. I'll never catch up to Murray of course but his knowledge is so impressive! I feel like I haven't really learned much since Sunday school and my kids pretty much know all those stories now. I think I should be just a little ahead of them for a bit longer at least. I'm working on a "read the bible in a year" website but I've fallen behind schedule by almost 2 weeks. It might turn into a "year and a half" project for me! Well speaking of which... better get to that & then turn in!

No comments: