Friday, March 21, 2008

Gooooooooooooood FRIDAY!







The only thing better than a Grammie Friday is Murray's vacation day Friday! The kids were pretty excited to have him home all day. They ran him through every princess/mermaid/peter pan/etc drama they could think of. By lunch time he was begging me to give him a job so he'd have something else he "had" to do. It's so hard to be in demand!




After lunch we braved the crazy wind & went outside for awhile. Murray had escaped and gone out ahead of us to start shovelling the driveway. By the time I got all three kids ready, he was almost done as there were just some drifts in a few places. Unfortunately all my efforts soon went to waste when the winds got even worse & Lovey & Sweetie bailed to go back inside.
Honey stayed out with me and we dug our own "Cave of Wonders" (Aladdin movie). We dug & dug and finally we were both able to crawl inside & escape the windy cold. She thought that was GREAT. We stayed out there an extra hour and she wasn't in any hurry to leave. Finally around 4:15 I said it was time to go in. We'd been out for almost an hour and a half. By this point the C.O.W. was getting too hard to dig out with the shovel anymore and my butt was getting cold & wet from sitting on the edge of the cave to reach in. I need to chip away with something smaller & scoop it out in a bucket now I think. She still wasn't interested in going in so I gave her a few more minutes and then we called it quits.




For our Good Friday supper we had fish & chips! It sounded good on the menu plan & was yummy going down. But that grease doesn't feel so great now...




Murray got our taxes done tonight so that was exciting! On the downside, it would seem (especially in MY opinion) that I am grossly underpaid. My income is just barely over $4000 and that includes the gov't child care benefit. On the up side, there's a new deduction for kids under 18 that gave us a $6000 break (although I'm not sure we're really saving money there in the long run & I don't think we'll go for the $8000 break).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can,t or dont want to believe there is STILL that much snow!!! Happy Easter anyway. The girls look like they are enjoying it. Be careful of that cave! Luv, O.N.