Thursday, May 31, 2007

Busy is Beautiful!


We had a couple of very full & fun days which always seems to make things run smoother around here. Part of it is knowing there's something to look forward to so then even if it's a slow or slightly rough day, I know that there's somthing on the horizon that will definitely be good!


Wednesday we went to playgroup in the morning so that takes care of that half of the day. They're all very comfortable there & run and play with all the toys, colour or read books, whatever they feel like doing. They stay busy & occupied and we always make a trip ustairs to Aunt Caffy's office for a little visit.



After playgroup, Teena & Boo came to our house for lunch and then the kids played most of the afternoon, until they had to go home. They got Teena to play hide 'n' seek with them but it seemed to be the lazy man's version! They all sat on the couch & pulled a blanket over the five of them while I tried to 'find' them when I came in the room. Obviously it was way too difficult to guess where they all were & I had to give up, at which point they threw off their blanket and yelled SURPRISE!!! Quite shocking to say the least : ))) All 4 kids immediately wanted to repeat the game, same blanket, same location, another half a dozen times & would have kept going indefinitely I think. It's sooooo cute to see them playing together & talking amongst themselves, making plans (ok guys c'mon, follow me!) and then take off giggling down the hall. They had a few disagreements over toys, my girls are afraid that Boo is going to take off with their highly valuable items or something. You'd think they'd be used to sharing stuff by now!


Can YOU spot the 5 people hiding in this picture?





Sweetie's first nighttime trial in panties was not a success unfortunately. She had one accident around 4am & was very upset when I had to remove her favourite nightie ("my cousin G give it me!). I managed to wrestle her into some clean dry ones. I had double made her bed when she had the flu so only had to peel off the top layer and she had new sheets waiting underneath the plastic mattress cover. (neat trick I picked up from veteran trip moms!) It took her awhile to settle back down to sleep, the nightie loss was more traumatic than I realized...

Last night however, she did it! We took her to the bathroom before we went to bed & again in the middle of the night & she was fine. I think we're done with diapers, can it really be true???

Wednesday night I didn't dare go out for my walk, the sky was overcast & looked potentially rainy & I'm trying to preserve this sleek look as long as possible! Murray strongly hinted that my exercise videos would do the trick so I dug one of those out. Him & his bright ideas.... that's what you get when you're married to Mr Fitness!


Lovey, Boo, Honey & Sweetie (Sweetie thinks she's in a parade or something!)


Me and the three!


Yesterday we went on a trip to the firestation with Teena & Boo and they seemed to really enjoy it. The fire department does a great job trying to familiarize the kids with what they do and one of them got all their gear on, helmet, mask, oxygen, the whole works. He talked through the mask and explained that that if there was a fire in their house & that they might see him there and that he sounded funny but not to run away because he could help them escape etc The girls were all afraid of him anyway but I thought it was a great idea to give them a preview. We have smoke detectors at home but I've always assumed that we'd be able to get everyone out ourselves & never thought about them being afraid & trying to hide.... Just what I need, another potential disaster to worry about!

After the firestation, we went to McDonald's for lunch or as they girls call it "Old Macdonalds" LOL We had lunch & then they went in the play area for almost 2 hours! It's funny to see that Lovey is the bravest. Sweetie is the climber & risk taker at home so I expected her to be off like a shot, going up through the tower, going down the slides etc but she always hangs back, makes a few attempts but gets scared, starts to cry and comes back down. Meanwhile Lovey's up on the top level, crawling through the tunnels, happy as can be. Honey got a bit of a slow start but wasn't long following Lovey's lead.

No comments: