Friday, August 24, 2007

More "Heard in Conversation"

Day 3 with no camera, still trying to cope with the loss.... my stomach's not in knots all the time anymore so that's progress right? I've put it in good hands & when it gets to the repair centre, I hope they'll be able to give me some good news. I'm almost afraid to hear what it's going to cost to fix it & then there's the fear that they say "oh sorry, it's just the cover that's the problem but you can't buy just a cover, you have to buy a whole new shell". I'm hoping it's an easy job but things don't tend to work that way in the repair business. When we wanted to get our video camera repaired it was more than half the cost of a new one. If that happens, might be a sign that it's time to upgrade right?

Murray's brother moved back home! : ((( and he misses Andrew already. He was at the office yesterday said he heard footsteps coming up the stairs and wondered if it was Andrew popping in to visit & then realized that it couldn't be him. Hopefully things work out for them soon, Mandy was anxious to be near her mom when the baby arrives (due next week) so he's now unemployed & homeless (staying with someone til they get sorted out though) but they may have sold their house here... You can imagine how the financial planner in me is having trouble with this scenario! LOL I'm sure this will all end up as just another "crazy Andrew" story someday! I know Mandy will be happier & everyone will enjoy having a new baby nearby.

Well since I have nothing interesting to show, I'm sharing some snatches of conversation that have floated around here this week.

Honey, face all screwed up in misery & in a whiney tone "Mumma, Lovey killed my new daughter!"

In the car one day, driving along, I thought I'd see how much of "1-2 buckle my shoe" they knew.

Me: 1-2, buckle my...?
Them: Shoe!

(ok this is good, maybe they know it already from reading stories with Murray or maybe they're so smart, they knew to put a rhyming word in there! cool!)

Me: 3-4, shut....?

Them, really loud, in unison: UP!!!!!!!!!!!

(omg! that's horrible! the only association they have is some rude expression!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Me: ummmm who says THAT?

Them: SHREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ok, thank goodness! they didn't learn that from us, whew! wait a minute, WE let them watch it... damn, we're still at fault here but at least it's not because we say it to them!)


Me: Honey, what do you want to me when you grow up?

Honey: a doctor.

Me: a doctor that helps people?

Honey: no, a doctor that helps animals

(oh! I can teach them a new word here!)

Me: oh that's a good idea! that kind of doctor is called a vet-rin-arian, vehhhh-traaaaa...

Honey: I know Mum, is called a vet. You go to the vet if you're farting too much.

(no chance of keeping a straight face on this one, I totally lost it!)


Another day, in the kitchen...

Honey: Mumma! my bum burped!!!!!!!!!! (also tricky not to laugh here)

No comments: