Monday, August 20, 2007

Screeeeeeeeech!

Man! did I ever hear alot of THAT today! I was gritting my teeth before Murray even left for work this morning. I only held off calling T's Entertainment Services til 10AM because I knew it had been a late night at their house the night before. I had to leave a message but was still feeling tense & must have hit redial about 20 times in 10 minutes (coulda sworn it was more like an hour though) until I finally got through. After all that, I found out someone else had beaten me to the punch. Know how they say blood's thicker than water? Yep, her sister & her mom (neither of whom have a crazy toddler at home, never mind THREE! what do they need "T magic" for?? how rude!!) planned a little daytrip for all of them. Well ain't that just special? *grin* Ok, so we survived without them AND we're all spending the day together on Wednesday so I really shouldn't complain but it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to!


The fighting & squawking & screeching were intermittent but seemed awfully frequent. The best part of the day was that they ate a really good lunch. Food lately has been a toss up, they might it eat or they might not. I went through almost 2 full cans of soup between the 3 of them so I thought that was pretty good! I also snuck some vegetables into them with that tricky juice that tastes good but is actually healthy.


After lunch we got outside and they played in the sandbox & on the swingset while I mowed the opposite corner of the yard. I kept an eye on them as I went but they had absolutely no interest in getting anywhere's near the mower so it worked out pretty well & I got some exercise in and you can't hear any screaming/fighting over the racket of the mower either! Actually they were really well behaved outside, should have gotten out there sooner I guess!


I'd been invited to an Epicure party (cooking spices/seasonings, lots of taste testing... mmmm!) but had debated going. By about noon, I'd decided I was definitely GETTING OUT tonight & I'm glad I did. Yummy, yummy, yummy! I also got to chat with some of my bank friends so that was a bonus.

What the heck is in those popsicles? they thought it was hilarious to stick out their tongues & look at each others'

No comments: