Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shooter KELLY!

Just got home from the wedding with Shelley & boy does time fly when you're having fun! For her this is all routine and she's positive I'm bored & itching to leave when it is sooooooo the opposite. I couldn't be happier, running & fetching, keeping track of details etc. Today was EVEN better than last week. She liked some of my ideas for pictures & used a couple things I mentioned in her shots! AND, after the ceremony, she handed me a camera and said "Go up there & get some shots" I almost fell over! I thought it was pretty neat to be able to hold her bag but to USE her camera???? Someone pinch me! (ouch, that was too hard!) It was a good thing she did it suddenly, if I'd had much time to think about it, I'd probably have had to throw up first.

After I got over my shock, I scrambled into position and took some random shots of the guests outside the tent (outdoor wedding). I have no idea if anything is usable or not but woooooooohooooooooo!!! and then she did it again at the reception. She wanted shots from two different angles of the wedding party arriving in the room and set me up on one side & told me to fire away. What a rush! Even if she deletes every single one, I'm still pretty jazzed. There is one shot I think turned out nice from the cake cutting but it's hard to tell on that little screen. I'll just pretend it's a great one!

So I had a fantastic, fun day!!!!!! I'd do it again in a heartbeat. She's so good at what she does and her clients love working with her. I can't imagine ever taking on that kind of pressure & shooting a wedding myself but being an assistant at one is right up my alley. I get to make lists, keep track of time, make suggestions (and did I mention I get to hold her fancy equipment, ahhhhhh!!!!!) and have no pressure actually on me??? It couldn't be any more perfect!!! I'm really sorry that I'm busy for the next one she's doing. I'd like to think she'll miss me though. : ))) I won't flatter myself into thinking she can't manage without me but as I told her today, I like to think I'm better than nothing!

Poor Murray didn't have nearly as much fun as I did! Holy horrors Batman! Those girls were just full of P&V today. There was so much fighting and whining over everything & apparently it didn't get much better after I left. This morning we thought we'd do something fun & take all their bikes over to Murray's office parking lot so they could practice on a nice smooth surface. Talk about a disaster & total waste of time! Sweetie was dead set against leaving the house in the first place but then relented when she realized everyone else was going. Then when we got there & unbuckled them all, she refused to get out of the car & just screamed for us to do her buckles back up THE ENTIRE TIME WE WERE THERE! Honey tried it out for a few minutes but then decided she didn't like wearing her helmet and was totally willing to give up the bike riding to be able to take it off. But God love Lovey, she was very keen & did quite well, was in good humour and got lots of pedalling in! I think Murray has some video that might get on YouTube eventually. We spent a total of 15 minutes there though I think before we gave up. With Honey & Sweetie both in the car, we decided to pack it in once Lovey had had enough.

No comments: