Friday, August 24, 2007

Visitors!

Andrew needed to call in the recruits for their move so Nanny & Auntie KK came to the rescue. I told the girls that morning and Sweetie said (with a big intake of breath & high screechy voice) I'm sooooo EXCITED! and Honey said "woohoo". Lovey was in another room & didn't hear the announcement but I'm sure she was equally moved! It was the same day we went to the lake to visit Leanne so by the time we got home, Nanny & KK had already gone to Andrew's.

When they got back to our house, the girls just went wild! Dancing & singing like nobody's business! Sweetie & Honey thought Nanny should sleep with Sweetie in her bed and Lovey seemed ok with that decision. Even though it was only a short visit, I could tell things were soon going to go downhill as it was 2 hours past their usual bedtime! We managed to get them settled without incident & Sweetie got her wish. The next morning she was quite heartbroken when Nanny left right after breakfast. She screamed and cried for 20 minutes saying "I want SOMEBODY to come BACK!"

I'd been planning to take them over to Andrew & Mandy's to say goodbye anyway so I rushed them through their breakfast and told Sweetie to get dressed, get her shoes etc. Everything I asked her she did without question & once even told me to hurry and get in the car so we could go! It was a whole new level of compliance I've never seen. Nanny couldn't stay long as she had a work party that evening & still had a 4 hour drive home but Sweetie was contented with the 2nd visit although still wants SOMEBODY to come BACK soon. : )))

KK & I brought the kids back here for lunch & then went out for some groceries and then hit the park. It was interesting trying to keep track of these 3 in the midst of about 40 other kids there from a day camp at the Y! We managed to bring all the right ones home though so we did well!

Today was totally rainy & they played inside all day & did quite well. I managed to make a toblerone peanut butter cheesecake & prep nachos for supper. Murray got home & we ate quickly & got ready to go swimming without even sampling the cheesecake!

What a blast at the pool! They are getting soooo comfortable in the water buuuuuuuut TOO much so! Lovey throws herself in and doesn't seem to care that she has no footing, nothing to grab onto and no flotation device either. Murray had to drag her up to the surface quite a few times and she'd immediately jump right back in! That girl has GOT to learn to swim. Mum says Dale was exactly the same way, no ability yet no fear either! Hopefully the latter will soon lead to the former... The other 2 were quite content too. Sweetie just hung onto the straps on the back of my bathing suit & Honey would jump off the side & let me catch her but she went under quite a bit too & is very good at holding her breath. I could feel the death grip Sweetie had on my straps (which are probably stretched to pieces now) so I didn't worry about her too much but she was letting herself sink into the water & going under & then hauling herself back out, over and over. Murray was fairly freaked out by the whole experience, said he found it rather nerve wracking, the whole time! There's also a big waterslide that was in much demand from our family. I went down repeatedly with one or the other or the other as they took turns riding with me. You come whipping off the end pretty fast & it's tricky to get your footing, never mind trying to keep your head above water as well as somebody else's! They didn't care if they got dunked though, they wanted to go right back up!

We were late for bed again tonight but on the way home Sweetie piped up "Hey! we didn't have dessert yet!" soooooo cheesecake all round, but verrrrrrry small portions. I was surprised when they got into pj's & bed with no argument, no chatter, no singing & fell asleep in minutes. Woohoo! Swimming every night I say!!! (Old Nanny, can you arrange nightly access at J's???)

Another wedding gig for me tomorrow, can't wait!!!!

No comments: