Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gymnasts Extraordinaire!



No one made it to class this week except us, so we had the gym to ourselves. The kids are still enjoying it and they're pretty good at paying attention. However Sweetie does tend to drift off a little more whenever she's supposed to be waiting for her turn.


Since Teena & Boo weren't there I didn't bother with the playclimber this week. If they decided to play in there for 4 hours I'd be bored. As it turned out is was closed anyway so it didn't matter. I phoned Grammie to see if she'd like a visit & she happened to have an opening! : )

























It turned out to be a very good move on my part as they were having pickled beans for lunch! Woohoo! I loooooooove those & rarely have them as Grammie's the only person I know that makes them. I had packed a lunch for us anyway so the girls just ate the sandwiches, they didn't show any enthusiasm at all for the pickled bean delicacy! Uncle Ralph had been invited as well so that was an added bonus.




After lunch the kids were quite content to play with Aunt Cathy's stuffed animals and Grammie & I cleaned up the lunch. Then we went into the sewing room while she showed them her purse and as she talked to them I sort of got cozy on the bed in there, sunny & warm.... so Grammie suggested I stay in there & they went in the next room. So I basically let a 90 year old lady babysit my three crazy kids. (it was only half an hour & she's pretty tough.... so that's ok.... isn't it???) I didn't really fall asleep but it was comfy & also funny to listen to them talk to her and ask her tonnes of questions. They've discovered the "why" stage and need to know everything! over and over again. We ended up staying there until a little after 3pm and they were really good the whole time we were there with only minor squabbles over the toys.


It was getting late by the time we got home (after a pit stop at the grocery store for chicken) and I had to get supper ready & bake a cake for Aunt Cathy's bakesale so it would be cooled & ready to decorate when I got home from choir. I managed to get all that done & wasn't even late for practice!

No comments: