Monday, February 4, 2008

Hanging Out en mi casa...




Nothing too too exciting today but sometimes that's not a bad thing! I had some excitement on Friday at the garage when I took the car in for an OIL CHANGE and left with a bill for $436 and NO oil change. Ugh! however brakes are rather important and not something to skimp on! They couldn't do the oil change since the engine coolant has sprung a leak and is everywhere under the hood apparently. The good news there is that we're still under the 100,000km mark and it's under warranty, whew! but we're at 96,600 so a couple of big trips plus normal running around, would have put us over before too long. If something had to go, now's a good a time as any I guess. So staying home watching the kids play was a welcome boredom compared to that kind of excitement. We just got new winter tires last month so I was hoping that would be our only big car expense for awhile but I guess I don't get to pick. ; )



this dress obviously needed a little something and this belt added just the right touch apparently!

Last night at supper, Honey was talking about "Ponyland" so I decided to find out more about it.
Me: How do you get to Ponyland?
H: You go over the rainbow bridges, up a steep mountain, past the fruitee and past the space.
Me: What is there in Ponyland?
H: ummmm gold... cherry bushes..
Me: What else?
H: 6 ponies, pony cake, pony corn...... and pony raisins.
Me: What do you do there?
H: oh, the ponies dance & play at bedtime and they sleep on hay inside the barn... the purple barn.
So now you have some fine tourist info for your next vacation if you're looking for something a little different!




Lovey, doing a little dance..




This afternoon one of my choir buddies came over for some scrapbooking assistance. A good friend of hers passed away on the weekend and she's trying to put a memory book together in a hurry and wanted to use some of my stuff. Being the sap I am, I get all teared up looking at the pictures of this woman from her days as a student but seeing as how her actual friend is managing to hold it together, I decide I'd better suck it up and actually managed not to let a single drop fall. It was close though! Anyway, we got her book off to a nice start and she was happy to have the title page done. While we were messing around with that, the girls were incredibly good & just watched their movie (I held off on any TV until Patti arrived) and Sweetie decided to go upstairs and read a book instead. I heard some little footsteps going upstairs so I went to investigate what sort of mess was in progress and was surprised to find my little Messy Marvin quietly reading to herself in her room. You just never know when they're going to surprise you. : )

Oh wait! I do have a little something exciting!! (well for me anyway) I found this template on the internet the other night & I think it would be perfect for showcasing some of our pictures from our session with Shooter Shelley last fall. I'm just not sure if she can get this size printed (10"x20") but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed because I reallllllllllllllllllllllllly want it!!!!!!!

No comments: